This is both my online business and personal journal where I share all of my photography and business projects! Allow me to introduce myself...I am Catherine Guidry, a Louisiana wedding photographer. I am passionate about documenting life but more importantly...living it! <3 My favorite things to do are bike ride with my husband and brainstorm new creative projects! I am all about meeting new friends and can't wait to meet you!
Learn more about photography, business and receive all the latest details on education and the podcast!
Are you interested in furthering your photo knowledge?
Welcome to my blog! This is both my online business and personal journal where I share all of my photography and business projects! Allow me to introduce myself...I am Catherine Guidry, a Louisiana wedding photographer. I was raised in a small town but consider myself a big dreamer. My favorite things in life are spending time with friends and family, bike riding with my husband and working on new creative projects! I am all about meeting new friends and can't wait to meet you!
If you could sum up your wedding in three words, what would they be?
Romantic, Fun, Magical
Tell us about your wedding venue(s) and why you chose to get married there.
Immaculate Conception is, in our opinion, the most beautiful church in the city. Chad is also a Jesuit Alumni so we always knew we’d get married there. And to have Father McGinn perform the mass was so important to us, he has known Chad and his family for years. Il Mercato was also such an easy choice! I remember when they were renovating and walking by and telling myself that’s where Chad and I would get married. It’s the perfect blend that I feel like represented both Chad’s New Orleans heritage, and my California roots. The fireplace and the spanish touches in the architecture gives Il Mercato a dreamy California vibe, while Joel Catering provided everyone with delicious New Orleans/ Southern style cuisine! My aim was to have a wedding that felt like us, and I feel like both venues captured us completely!
What was your favorite wedding detail?
Too hard to answer!
I loved our wedding invitation suite- from the cipher to the New Orleans map envelope liner (Chads idea) Lauren at Scriptura helped us so much with the design, they were perfect! I loved the glass box our ring bearer carried for the rings, it now sits on my nightstand! I absolutely loved my dress, it was my dream gown. And adding the sleeves made it feel more like me, also they were a total labor of love! My veil- why can’t we wear veils all the time?? I’ve never felt more complete than when I had this long dreamy veil on my head! Our wedding cake- I decided to add the blackberries to the cake at the last minute and I loved them. Our FLOWERS!- Kim Starr Wise and her team worked with me to find the perfect rose (Amnesia rose) to incorporate more of a winters feel to everything. Everything was so beautiful, and the fireplace was magical.
Chad flags- a total surprise for Chad! About a year ago he adopted the flag of Chad as his motif for everything. It was the perfect touch and I loved seeing his face when everyone was waving them and chanting!
Dog heads- our fur babies Violet and Berkeley were not able to be a part of the day. But they were on the dance floor! Anyone who knows us, knows we love our dogs! It was silly, and the perfect touch.
Our photographer- we love you!
What is your favorite wedding memory from the day?
My favorite moments from the day besides marrying Chad and slipping that little ring on his finger. Have to be:
1) Putting my dress on with my best friend, mother in law, sister in law and mother. My mom has MS, so it’s hard for her to get around, having my mother in law there to help to me was really special. And having my mom help with what she could was amazing, seeing her all glammed up was also a memory I will cherish.
2) Waiting for the church doors to open with my dad, he’s my strength and kept me calm during those moments. Also, I will always remember the church doors opening. It was awe inspiring almost surreal. I will never forget my best friend Jim, holding the door open and telling me “You got this!” And it snapped me back to reality and put me at ease.
3) My brother Ben, helping me with my dress on the roof. He’s not a sensitive guy at all, but he’s always shown his love in little ways.
3) Seeing the faces of all my loved ones especially my brother and sister in laws smiles was really special.
3) The Second Line!
4) Dancing with my Dad and doing our grand finale move. From the time I was a little girl going to baseball games every weekend we always finished off the seventh inning stretch singing “Take Me Out to The Ball Game” with our grand finale move.
5) Watching Chad and his best friend Nick do Footloose. Chad’s amazing dance moves are what first attracted me to him after all!
6) Icing Chad. It was epic.
How did you incorporate your personalities into your wedding celebration?
From my gown and veil to the Chad flags I felt like our wedding was uniquely us. The venue perfectly blended both of our worlds, it felt and tasted like New Orleans but looked like the West Coast. We’re also two big hams.
What is your wedding song?
“God Only Knows” – The Beach Boys
Prep Location: The Roosevelt Hotel | Ceremony Location: Immaculate Conception Jesuit Church | Reception Location: Il Mercato | Event Planner: Mise En Place | Catering: Catering by Joel & Two Girls One Shuck | Florist: Kim Starr Wise | Wedding Cake: Swiss Confectionary | Additional Sweets: Haydel’s Bakery | Wedding Dress Designer: Monique Lhuillier at I Do Bridal Couture | Getting Ready Attire: Plum Pretty Sugar | Wedding Shoes Designer: Bella Belle | Bridesmaid’s Dresses: Watters from Bella Bridesmaids | Bride’s Hair Carpe Diem Hair Boutique | Makeup: About Face | Groom & Groomsmen Apparel: John’s Tuxedo | Reception Music: Kinfolk Brass Band & DJ Aaron Lane | Event Rentals: Perrier Party Rentals | Transportation: Audubon Limousines | Stationary: Scriptura